Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How lost?

+15
Lojozz
MollyCocktail
Smokette
Shamballa
AngeloComet
TheHolyStickman
So_Lost
Lateralus
eda
MyStarbuckHatesLost
SomeArztOnYou
SunburnedPenguin
l337Jacqui
vincentthedog
puchita
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How lost? Empty How lost?

Post by puchita Tue May 20, 2008 12:51 am

Meaning..... how do you watch it? Con los ojos! With your eyes! of course.... but do you set up the mood? Close all the shades? put on your favorite pajamas? Get some popcorn? What do you do when Lost does it thing?

Usually I'm getting home from jogging and then...... I run upstairs and yell to my husband (who has been disappointed with lost since the second season) "Oh Oh! Lost is about to start help me with the TV!"

Then , because i dont have cable, I twist up the foil on my $1 antenna getting the poles facing just the right way, sometimes propping it up on a shoe box and THEN..... throw off my shoes, jump on the bed, get the pillows just right behind my head and lay back. No phone calls, no talking to me, no nada. Every now and then I gots to get up to move the antenna.

Usually I'm hungry, thirsty, and sweaty from jogging. But do i get up to eat, have a drink or take a shower? No no no. Its all lost from there.

Tells me....how you do it? How do you watch lost?
puchita
puchita
Others

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

How lost? Empty Re: How lost?

Post by vincentthedog Tue May 20, 2008 1:20 am

I dvr it, since it moved to 10 and I work early it`s hard 4me to stayup. I usally try to watch it live and start to dose off( not 4 boardom) and then re-watch it the next day.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Tue May 20, 2008 7:02 am

Haha...As my boyfriend knows, Thursdays are a very special night.

It starts off with him cooking me a fantastic dinner at around 8pm so I don't have to worry about a thing. He then motorizes down our 10-foot screen and he turns on the projector and surround sound. We eat dinner while watching The Office, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, Scrubs, etc on NBC until 10 when of course, is when LOST is on.

The lights are all turned off, the surround sound nice and loud, and there we are sitting on our couch with a 10-foot Jack on the screen lol....in HD, mind you.

Yes, I'm REALLY glad my boyfriend understands my obsession with LOST haha...and I really appreciate all he does for me on Thursdays (and other days of course!!!)

Embarassed
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue May 20, 2008 12:05 pm

Its the most important night of the week! I work bizarre shifts so we DL it on to the pc that is hooked up to the plasma, with of course great surround sound. Then we get ready......we have an oversized sofa which we can remove the back cushions from to make into a bed sized sofa, get comfy, close the blinds and we're off Smile

We usually have a little drink and um.....something else....and some munchies to hand, but nothing disturbs it! Then we spend the rest of the night bouncing ideas of eachother..it really is a night out at home lol
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Tue May 20, 2008 12:20 pm

SunburnedPenguin wrote:and um.....something else....

Heh. Sounds familiar...
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 800
Humor : Dry

Character sheet
Name: Otto Hanren

http://www.myspace.com/lawnmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Tue May 20, 2008 12:42 pm

um...something else SP? are you sure you're not "bouncing" something other than ideas? Your past Pepsi bottle-injured boob comes to mind...kinky but hey, whatever floats your frieghter!

Jacqui, I wanna come live with you.

I work right when Lost is on so I tape it (yes, I'm old school VCR) and watch it at about 3:30 am...maybe that's why Starbuck hates it. She has wanted to "um...Something else" when I''ve gotten home and my answer has always been..."I love you but honey,,,it's Lost!"

Wait a minute. I just read my previous sentence...What am I? Retarded?
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue May 20, 2008 12:49 pm

lmao! My boob has fully recovered now Very Happy
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eda Tue May 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Lost airs on TV 2 weeks later than it does in US here in Turkey.

But you wouldn't believe the number of people who stay up late on Thursday nights to download the latest episode and then start spoiling it for the rest of us. So Friday is usually a stressful day until I come home and either download it myself, or watch it over at a friend's house.

I can't eat or drink anything while watching it and I usually sit on the least comfortable chair in the same position for 40 minutes, lol. I do close all the shades though. In fact I'd rather watch it on my own than with people who just don't shut up ! pirat
eda
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Tue May 20, 2008 11:50 pm

Its ok MSHL, i mean that you have a tape recorder. I dont even have cable, and refuse to get it. I just dont watch that much TV i guess.
puchita
puchita
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Wed May 21, 2008 2:14 am

Does anyone not.... *ffffffffpppp* *cough* *cough* .... and LOST?
anywhos... no need to answer that.... Smile

But yeah...
And i got an old tube Sanyo 27-incher and basic cable. My wife and I watch, but she's not as geeked in as I am.
(oh yeah baby.....) Laughing

BUT... and a big but ..... i might "find" a copy to watch on my Divx-DVD player.

If you don't have one, a DIVX player is sooooooooooo kick-arse. Especialy if you "Find" old TV shows and movies online. Neutral
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 21, 2008 5:08 am

MyStarbuckHatesLost wrote:Jacqui, I wanna come live with you.

HAHAHA!!! Well maybe if we move down to North Carolina, we could all have a LOST party Neutral
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Lost Wed May 21, 2008 5:24 am

Um, okay, I guess I am the only person who watches Lost completely clean and sober? Good grief, no wonder you guys come up with these insane theories.

Ready for a suburban mom's Lost night? The DVR is set. The kids and I rush home from gymnastics, picking up fast-food on the way AND beginning to eat in the car. Get home, eat the rest of the fast-food in the kitchen and throw the kids in the bath. Dry 'em, dress 'em and throw 'em in bed. Okay, maybe a story or two, some songs and hugs and kisses, but you guys don't need to know that! Then, since my husband doesn't get home until very late, I wait until 9:22 p.m., and I start up the recorded show at the point when I can fast-forward through all the commercials and watch it straight through. Once my husband gets home, I watch it again with him.

Did you guys know that for every 30 minutes of show, there are 8 minutes of commercials, and for every 60 minutes of show, there are 22 minutes of commercials?

Last edited by So_Lost on Wed May 21, 2008 5:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong verb tense)
So_Lost
So_Lost
Lostie

Number of posts : 73
Humor : My Crazy Kids

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 21, 2008 5:53 am

So_Lost wrote:Did you guys know that for every 30 minutes of show, there are 8 minutes of commercials, and for every 60 minutes of show, there are 22 minutes of commercials?

YES! Doesn't that suck?! Mad
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Wed May 21, 2008 9:36 am

Im in agony for most of Friday tempted to have a tiny peak of lostpedia to see what happened last night. But then pull ther curtains get under my covers, answer the inevitable question from my Mum.

"What happened last time again"

And then after ginger bisquit and coffee. We enjoy lost. With NO breaks!!
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed May 21, 2008 10:12 am

I live in the UK and do not have SkyOne (the channel that shows Lost on Sunday nights). This presents, for a Lost addict such as I, a problem.

As such:

Shown on Thursdays in America. Friday morning I wake up, find the latest torrents for the episode and set them downloading. Then I go to work.

I race home from work to find a completed file of Lost. Sometimes I'll arrange the pillows and cushions on the bed in the spare room and get myself set and watch it there. I'll have a pad and a piece of paper, just in case there's things to note to reference later.

Other times I'll transfer the file to my laptop and then go and sit in the living room and watch it there, sprawled on the couch.

And then, once it's done. . . that's when the real work begins and I start piecing together my Analysis. (Sometimes I think watching Lost is just a tiny little piece of a larger Lost life I have going on.)

By the way, I always buy the DVDs when they are released so my downloading of the episodes first, I feel, gets justified. Lost still feels my money eventually!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamballa Wed May 21, 2008 2:24 pm

For me an an episode of LOST is a process...

Pre Game: It begins by trying to avoid spoilers prior to the episode airing (something I didn't do in the recent past). This has made for a much more enjoyable experience by bringing back the element of surprise that LOST is so good at. The preview of the next episode is the only spoiler I will allow myself now.

Game time: I turned my brother on to LOST last January and he quickly got up to speed by watching seasons one through three in the space of about a month. We currently share an apartment so he is my official LOST buddy. We nuke some popcorn, dim the lights, crank up the volume on the antiquated 32" RCA TV and don't talk to each other for about an hour.

Post Game: A general discussion about the episode ensues between my brother and I ending with the usual "Dude that's messed up" comment followed by a quick check of the forums before going to bed. I get online the following day to re-watch the episode, check the forums, and digest the latest information seeing how and if it fits into my notions of what the hell is going on.

Then I fret that there are only so many episodes left before the end of an already short season and dread the coming 8-9 month break. No
Shamballa
Shamballa

Number of posts : 621
Humor : Only on Tuesdays

Character sheet
Name: Mat Deade

http://shamballa108.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by puchita Wed May 21, 2008 3:30 pm

cool cool guys. Everyone has their way of watching lost, for some of you its a journey i see.
puchita
puchita
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokette Wed May 21, 2008 4:49 pm

I just wait until it is online and get up early Friday morning and watch it with my morning coffee.
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 21, 2008 8:17 pm

shamballa wrote:Then I fret that there are only so many episodes left before the end of an already short season and dread the coming 8-9 month break. No

Ah, me too.... Sad We'll all be watching seasons 1-4 again over the summer lol
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Wed May 21, 2008 8:46 pm

Ian and I grab out LOST action figures and DHARMA coffee mugs, we strip naked, slather each other with ranch dressing, play a Mama Cass album backwards, do four spins and a pirouette, high five each other, do the hokey pokey, spin ourselves around, fall in front of the telly and watch.

God I love Thursdays.....
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Wed May 21, 2008 8:49 pm

Blimey Molly sounds fun at your place on Thursdays.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Wed May 21, 2008 9:18 pm

LOVE IT MOLLY!!!! Hahahaha!!!! Very Happy
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamballa Wed May 21, 2008 10:07 pm

That's what it's all about...
Shamballa
Shamballa

Number of posts : 621
Humor : Only on Tuesdays

Character sheet
Name: Mat Deade

http://shamballa108.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Thu May 22, 2008 12:51 am

MollyCocktail wrote:Ian and I grab out LOST action figures and DHARMA coffee mugs, we strip naked, slather each other with ranch dressing, play a Mama Cass album backwards, do four spins and a pirouette, high five each other, do the hokey pokey, spin ourselves around, fall in front of the telly and watch.

God I love Thursdays.....
How lost? PDT_popc

This show sounds almost as good as Lost...there's even a twist at the end Razz

I watch on Friday nights on my computer (with a glass of wine or two). It seemed like fun to me before I read about Mollys adventures !
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam Mon May 26, 2008 10:26 am

Occam