Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One more coffin theory for the road ....

+3
Lojozz
GaryOC
MollyCocktail
7 posters

Go down

One more coffin theory for the road .... Empty One more coffin theory for the road ....

Post by MollyCocktail Wed May 21, 2008 10:45 pm

I had a thought about the identity of the person in the coffin that I'd like to share.

While I feel strongly that it is Michael in there, I have been duped by
the world of LOST before and so an idea sprang to mind. How do you
feel about Christian Shephard being in the coffin?
I know I know, seems impossible since we've just seen his memorial service. But that's just it: it was only a memorial service. His body was presumed to be at the bottom of the ocean with 815 itself.

What if, in a strange twist of events, the body of Christian Shephard was recovered/absconded by Widmore & Co?
This would certainly lend creedence to the idea that Christian,
alongside Widmore and Paik were original investors in DHARMA. Perhaps
Christian had a change of heart, switched sides and decided to stop
profiteering from and exploiting the island. Perhaps he came to
understand its intrinsic value and importance.

In his flash-forward, Jack is dissheveled, lonely, depressed and on the
verge of frenzy. Nothing he says really makes much sense especially
now considering that we know a memorial service had been held. So to
presume Dr. Christian Shephard was alive and kicking and working in the
same hospital seems like folly. And why would Kate
goes to Christian's actual funeral? She and Jack obviously weren't on
the best of terms, infact she seemed leery and avoidant around him, as
if she was afraid of catching the crazies or something.

If Widmore is powerful enough to cover up a plane crash, then it isn't
a far cry to presume he could cover up a *gulp* murder? I don't think
Christian drank himself to death. I think Widmore had him killed so
the he could eliminate a road block on the way to usurping control of
the island.

Thoughts?
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

One more coffin theory for the road .... Empty Re: One more coffin theory for the road ....

Post by GaryOC Wed May 21, 2008 10:52 pm

Sorry Molly I think your way off with this one

G
GaryOC
GaryOC
Tailie

Number of posts : 39
Humor : Sarcastic/Slightly Black
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

One more coffin theory for the road .... Empty Re: One more coffin theory for the road ....

Post by MollyCocktail Wed May 21, 2008 10:55 pm

GaryOC wrote:Sorry Molly I think your way off with this one

G

Oh I know I could be off, but why?
What do we know for a fact that would disprove it? Wink
Help me out here.
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Nah don't buy it either Jack says he is neither family or friend. I just can't see Jack whatever state he's in not being involved in the funeral other than to pay a visit to the coffin.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Wed May 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Lojozz wrote:Nah don't buy it either Jack says he is neither family or friend. I just can't see Jack whatever state he's in not being involved in the funeral other than to pay a visit to the coffin.

Ahhhh but that could be one thing that he's tired of lying about!
That's his father in the coffin, yet he can't acknowledge him. See where I'm going with this?
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Wed May 21, 2008 11:27 pm

Molly you are drawing me into a discussion on the coffin damn you.

If I follow where your going then Christian has a new identity and Jack can't acknowledge that he's his father even to some dude who works in a funeral parlour. Nah don't get it.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Wed May 21, 2008 11:58 pm

Lojozz wrote:Molly you are drawing me into a discussion on the coffin damn you.

If I follow where your going then Christian has a new identity and Jack can't acknowledge that he's his father even to some dude who works in a funeral parlour. Nah don't get it.

Uh oh...this post wasn't meant to make anyone upset. Sad

Let me try to explain myself: Through the Looking Glass opens with Jack on a plane reading an obituary. Minutes later, he's on the ground in his car making a telephone call, presumably to Kate.
Shortly after, he's on a bridge lifting his head to the heavens muttering, "forgive me". I think it would be safe to assume he was going to off himself. Fate intervened though, crashing a car in front of him forcing him to rescue the mother and child inside (could be akin to Jack not being able to die like Michael, until The Island lets go of him).

From this point on, all we have to go on as to the identity of the person is guesswork.
Seeing as how The Oceanic 6 are being forced to participate in a lie, I call into question the scope of that lie...how big is it really? How far reaching? Is it possible that Jack discovers at some point before he reads that obit that his father's death was not an accident, that in fact Christian Shephard was murdered? Only Jack can't do anything about it without putting himself and the rest of the O6 at great risk. He has to keep up the lie....even to a stranger in a funeral parlor.
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Thu May 22, 2008 12:09 am

Wink I'm not upset and the fact that I'm even still here means at least its a coffin theroy thats a bit different.

OK he is still Jack Shepherd and Christian is still Christian right?

"Jack discovers at some point before he reads that obit that his father's death was not an accident" are we talking about his death before the crash? or his hypothetical death that places him in the coffin? I'm just not getting the need to lie about his relation to the person in the coffin, he doesn't have to say that he knows there are suspicious circumstances. If whom ever has killed Christian is doing it because of some connection to the O6 lie would they not be monitoring Jack anyway and him going to the funreal home is putting the others at risk anyway?
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Thu May 22, 2008 12:22 am

Lojozz wrote:Wink I'm not upset and the fact that I'm even still here means at least its a coffin theroy thats a bit different.

OK he is still Jack Shepherd and Christian is still Christian right?

"Jack discovers at some point before he reads that obit that his father's death was not an accident" are we talking about his death before the crash? or his hypothetical death that places him in the coffin? I'm just not getting the need to lie about his relation to the person in the coffin, he doesn't have to say that he knows there are suspicious circumstances. If whom ever has killed Christian is doing it because of some connection to the O6 lie would they not be monitoring Jack anyway and him going to the funreal home is putting the others at risk anyway?

PHEW! Smile

I am referring to Christian's death before the crash. I believe Jack sees his father on the slab in Australia when he originally claims the body, though I cannot recall in which episode.
And yes Jack is being monitered by Widmore and The Island simultaneously. If The Island wants him back, I have to assume it will keep him alive long enough to complete his journey and see his purpose through.
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Thu May 22, 2008 12:26 am

Well Molly we don't have to wait very long to find out and if it is Christian then you will have ultimate bragging rights as I don't think anybody else has suggested him.

KSJ has anybody suggested Christian on your poll?
Lojozz
Lojozz

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nino_1 Thu May 22, 2008 12:31 am

sorry molly very unlikely. besides if jack knew it was his father in the coffin then he would have call all the family to the funeral.

and its ben in the coffin

Last edited by nino_1 on Thu May 22, 2008 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
nino_1
nino_1
Others

Number of posts : 335

Character sheet
Name: REX

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Thu May 22, 2008 12:48 am

I really can't see CS being in the coffin. It has to be someone that who affect all of the Losties since the drive of the next few seasons will probably be to get all of them back to the island. I don't think that CS in the coffin would have enough meaning to any Lostie besides Jack to drive that action.

I thiink the person in the coffin is, from most likely order to least likely:
Ben
Locke
Micheal
Sayid
Me
MollyCocktale
(Lojozz puts us there for posting more coffin theories)
Rolling Eyes
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Thu May 22, 2008 2:34 am

MyStarbuckHatesLost wrote:I really can't see CS being in the coffin. It has to be someone that who affect all of the Losties since the drive of the next few seasons will probably be to get all of them back to the island. I don't think that CS in the coffin would have enough meaning to any Lostie besides Jack to drive that action.

I thiink the person in the coffin is, from most likely order to least likely:
Ben
Locke
Micheal
Sayid
Me
MollyCocktale
(Lojozz puts us there for posting more coffin theories)
Rolling Eyes

*in Hurley's voice...*
Dude....not cool.
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Fri May 23, 2008 5:32 pm

I like the idea of christian being killed, hadn`t thought of that one. I say it`s possible because we have no idea.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Fri May 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Lojozz wrote:Well Molly we don't have to wait very long to find out and if it is Christian then you will have ultimate bragging rights as I don't think anybody else has suggested him.

MollyCocktail, I don't know if you knew that I brought my theory here from L-T

It can be found in "Other Lost Stuff."
If you want to vote, I can still add your vote as I see you haven't done so.
You will see that if you decide you want to that it will say the poll is closed.
The only reason I did was there was a mention of a leak that may have revealed who it was. So as there had only been three new votes added on this site, I thought it best to close it.

As no other person has said they thought it was Christian Shephard, you could have bragging rights if it turns out to be true Cool

As we still will not know for sure,before the season finale, if you want post a comment on there and I will be glad to add your name. Smile
ksj
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyCocktail Fri May 23, 2008 7:41 pm

katesawjack wrote:
Lojozz wrote:Well Molly we don't have to wait very long to find out and if it is Christian then you will have ultimate bragging rights as I don't think anybody else has suggested him.

MollyCocktail, I don't know if you knew that I brought my theory here from L-T

It can be found in "Other Lost Stuff."
If you want to vote, I can still add your vote as I see you haven't done so.
You will see that if you decide you want to that it will say the poll is closed.
The only reason I did was there was a mention of a leak that may have revealed who it was. So as there had only been three new votes added on this site, I thought it best to close it.

As no other person has said they thought it was Christian Shephard, you could have bragging rights if it turns out to be true Cool

As we still will not know for sure,before the season finale, if you want post a comment on there and I will be glad to add your name. Smile
ksj

Most excellent!! Thank you KSJ! Smile
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down