Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED!

+4
Alaina
TheHolyStickman
AngeloComet
SunburnedPenguin
8 posters

Go down

Catagories....

Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED! Tbl_sh1154%Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED! Tbl_sh10 54% 
[ 7 ]
Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED! Tbl_sh1146%Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED! Tbl_sh10 46% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED! Empty Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED!

Post by SunburnedPenguin Thu May 22, 2008 7:55 pm

I will be asking for nominations for the first monthly Hall of Fame vote on the 31st May (so get those BIG theories posted!), and in the meantime would like some feedback on whether you would like just one category for the best theories, or a number of categories. These categories could be something like;

Best Theory
Funniest Thread
Best Off-topic Thread (doesn't have to be Lost related)

I'm open to suggestions on the categories themselves, but please vote if you would prefer this, or just one overall "Best Theory".

The Hall of Fame is a great way of acknowledging the hard work that goes into these posts, and each winner will have their own title along the lines of "Hall of Famer, May 2008" (or "Hall of Famer - Best Theory May 2008" if there are multiple categories), and the winning theory will be moved into the Hall of Fame section, where it can still be commented on by other members.

As always, all suggestions and comments are welcome Smile

Last edited by SunburnedPenguin on Thu May 29, 2008 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED! Empty Re: Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED!

Post by SunburnedPenguin Thu May 22, 2008 8:37 pm

OMG I forgot the poll Very Happy Neutral
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED! Empty Re: Hall of Fame - categories - MORE VOTES NEEDED!

Post by AngeloComet Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 pm

If you're going to call it the Hall Of Fame, I say we make it someplace worthy and not easily entered. So I say stick to just one Best Post category every month.

Is the idea here that only BIG theories are admissable? Because I'd say any posts concerning Lost - be they Recent USA or whatever - should be eligible. If you just select, say, the month of May and whatever was posted about Lost gets nominated then we can pick which one should be in the Hall Of Fame for that month.

I think keeping it kind of exclusive will give it an element of prestige (and also mean newcomers to the site, if they go there, can see the best that this site has going on).
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Thu May 22, 2008 11:10 pm

Not necessarily BIG theories no, any Lost theory Smile
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sat May 24, 2008 10:29 am

I like the idea of multiple theories.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Sun May 25, 2008 1:11 am

I like the idea of 2 one best of nomination on for theory and one best non lost realated post. So you have one on the main topic of Lost and the other on what I see as as big plus one Laughing here of community building by letting everyone post any thing that helps being us all together as one such as the "who did you get your name" or "picture war" post
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Thu May 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Thank you for all the comments and votes so far....this begins on Sunday so I need more votes please! bounce
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Thu May 29, 2008 12:21 pm

I say just the one. Its a hall of fame, it should be tough to get in.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by eda Thu May 29, 2008 1:14 pm

I think just one category is enough.
eda
eda
Others

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by That Other Guy Thu May 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Yeah i agree with eda
That Other Guy
That Other Guy
Tailie

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpey1987 Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:08 pm

I to agree with eda
chirpey1987
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Ok as I am about to start the ball rolling, and the vote is 50/50, I am going to cast the deciding vote and go for one "Best Theory" category. Smile

I personally think that the theories are where the most thought and hard-work go, and having other categories that are not theories may negate that. So one best theory it is Smile

Thanks for all the votes and comments Smile
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down