Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number Stars and Connect Four - Winner May 2008

+18
Lateralus
MyStarbuckHatesLost
SomeArztOnYou
solarchap
PortRoyalWenk
spirit_of_jazz
vincentthedog
So_Lost
chirpey1987
Hope
Caged_Faraday
TheHolyStickman
SunburnedPenguin
puchita
AngeloComet
MollyCocktail
Lojozz
fivestades
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Number Stars and Connect Four - Winner May 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Number Stars and Connect Four - Winner May 2008

Post by Lateralus Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Can you even see Ursa Major from the Southern Hemisphere? or anywhere around Australia or Fiji?
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Number Stars and Connect Four - Winner May 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Number Stars and Connect Four - Winner May 2008

Post by kristenislost Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:36 pm

Does anyone think the phone call Kate got in reverse could be connected to this idea?

kristenislost
Tailie

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:25 am

Lateralus wrote:Can you even see Ursa Major from the Southern Hemisphere? or anywhere around Australia or Fiji?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - it "circles" Polaris. If it were visible at all in the Southern Hemisphere, it would near the horizon and not visible for much of the night.

Little help? Anyone from Australia able to see Ursa Major?
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 800
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Otto Hanren

http://www.myspace.com/lawnmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by fivestades Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi Guys, I have been away and missed all these interesting comments!!

Ursa Major is never visible from the southern Hemisphere.

Since the dipper was shown high in the sky in season one I have always assumed the island is NOT in the South Pacific as we know it.

Also the shot of the Big Dipper in 'Special' is not a minor background shot but a 2-3 second full frontal

fivestades
Tailie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:44 am

Props to you. WOW...
blonde
blonde
Others

Number of posts : 437
Humor : +1
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Tallulah-Raye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassafras Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:06 am

I missed the voting, but good choice for a winner!
Sassafras
Sassafras
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Humor : Adaptable
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_Dbutz Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:32 am

OK, so I found a reference that may or may not be related to Lost and this theory. I'm becoming such a big fan of JJ abrams and I've been watching his stuff lately. I didn't even realize that he wrote Regarding Henry and Forever Young, both movies that I enjoyed when I was younger.

Lately I've been watching Alias, so I find a way to connect Lost to everything that happens. I think I found something that may confirm the concept of this theory in the early stages of JJ abrams thought process. If you watch season 1 of Alias, check out Season 1, Episode 8, titled "Time will tell." About 32 min into the episode they start talking about the stars and the layout of as star chart, and how it indicates a clue. This, to me, is proof that this theory may make sense.

Of course there is the preceding posts that prove the concept, but I think that this little section of Alias gives a little pre-cursor into the little idiosyncracies that JJ Abrams uses in his films.

If anyone gets a chance to check this out, let me know if it blew your mind as much as it blew mine. I am now a very firm beLIEver in this theory and how it relates to the numbers, of course, I think the numbers relate to so many other things.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEASON 5 STARTS!
Lost_Dbutz
Lost_Dbutz
Lostie

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_Dbutz Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:40 am

Another little interesting tidbit, about a minute after they talk about the star chart, we see that the actor who plays the psycho-analyst is none other than the guy who plays Jigsaw in the Saw movies. I didn't think it meant anything, but Micheal Emerson (the actor who plays Ben) was also in that movie (the creepy guy who we think is the bad guy, until the end of Saw I). JJ Abrams seems to link the actors from movies he likes. I think he likes Saw, as do I. THere are many other actors on Lost that were in other movies that JJ Abrams likes. The guy who plays Bernard was in The Stand, by Stephen King, for example.
Lost_Dbutz
Lost_Dbutz
Lostie

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:44 pm

This topic has now been copied over to the new forum, and you can find it here

This topic will now be locked.....all new comments must be made on the new forum Smile
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2