Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What character XYZ said...

+3
AngeloComet
TheHolyStickman
Veefre
7 posters

Go down

What character XYZ said... Empty What character XYZ said...

Post by Veefre Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Hurley said earlier in the season, in a flash forward, "We're all dead".

What did he mean? Well, since he sees a lot of dead people, maybe it means that he's right. The Losties all DID die in that plane crash. Never mind what the producers said in podcasts - they lie more than Ben.

So the Island is some way for them to redeem themselves for their past sins, before they go on to whatever awaits people after death.

And why the heck doesn't Ben say that Walt must return to the Island, also?
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

What character XYZ said... Empty Re: What character XYZ said...

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Maybe he does, you just didnt hear it.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Yeah, Ben basically told Jack that the Island would not let Jack come alone. Who else has to accompany him besides the Oceanic 6 and Locke hasn't been made expressly clear.

(I have a feeling this is a point I am going to be making a lot over the coming months.)
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:52 pm

I think. bom Hurley said that there all dead is simply because he see`s so many dead people and is haveing a hard time with reality
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by l337Jacqui Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah, they can't all be dead because how would all the reporters see them, etc? Unless that's all part of the "dimension" that they are in, but I doubt it...I agree with Vincent
l337Jacqui
l337Jacqui
Others

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Veefre Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:04 pm

OK, so maybe they aren't dead... yet... but they were meant to die in the plane crash... which is why none of them is "supposed" to leave the Island... they have to return to the Island to "complete" their death journey.

Claire completed her death journey, which is why she seems so contented in Jacob's Cabin. She is, finally, "at peace".

Remember what Patchy said when Locke shoved him into the sonic fence? "Thank you". He was thanking Locke for finally putting him to death. Unfortunately for everybody, it didn't take just then.

Going a bit further, having all the characters from the plane finally die at the end of the series would be a downer. So I'm wondering if the writers have come up with some way that they can live - cheating death, so to speak - happily ever after. If so, it probably would involve a Dharma experiment, or an Island antiquity, or both.

In any case, it's kind of cheesy but don't blame me I'm just the messenger ;-).
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Back to top Go down

Post by Veefre Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Oh, and Widmore is supposed to be dead, too.
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Back to top Go down

Post by Veefre Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Perhaps the way that the Losties eventually cheat death is through a solving of the numbers of the Valenzetti Equation: 4 18 15 16 23 42. In so doing, they not only save themselves but the rest of the world as well.

Happy happy joy joy Hollywood style ;-)
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Back to top Go down

Post by Veefre Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Also, I recall that Ben says that even the dead Locke must return to the Island. Because Locke was supposed to die in the plane crash, too.

They say that Locke committed suicide as "Jeremy Bentham". I suspect he did that by jumping out of an eighth story window.

He was supposed to die years ago after being pushed out the window by his biological father. So the Island/Universe is simply course correcting by getting his body back.
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm

AngeloComet wrote:

(I have a feeling this is a point I am going to be making a lot over the coming months.)

Ok then post it as a tag line then. Locke might not need to come along.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:51 am

Veefre wrote:Also, I recall that Ben says that even the dead Locke must return to the Island. Because Locke was supposed to die in the plane crash, too.

They say that Locke committed suicide as "Jeremy Bentham". I suspect he did that by jumping out of an eighth story window.

He was supposed to die years ago after being pushed out the window by his biological father. So the Island/Universe is simply course correcting by getting his body back.
I think this is why we can look forward to seeing Locke on the island again much like Christian, perhaps now he will speak for Jacob.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veefre Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:47 am

"Yeah, Ben basically told Jack that the Island would not let Jack come alone. Who else has to accompany him besides the Oceanic 6 and Locke hasn't been made expressly clear."

Of course, that would hold true if you believe everything Ben says.

I don't.

It probably serves some Ben-centric self interest for everyone - including Locke's body - to return to the Island. He would not try to sneak back, though, I think, as he knows that the Island/Locke would instantly detect that subterfuge. More likely he would try to get Dharma Brownie points by saying, "Here, I did it for you, Jacob, I brought all these people back for you to have your way with them. Are you happy now? Can I please come back now?".
Veefre
Veefre
Tailie

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:06 am

[quote="Veefre"]
Quote from Veefre: "Yeah, Ben basically told Jack that the Island would not let Jack come alone. Who else has to accompany him besides the Oceanic 6 and Locke hasn't been made expressly clear."

Of course, that would hold true if you believe everything Ben says.

I don't.

It probably serves some Ben-centric self interest for everyone - including Locke's body - to return to the Island. quote]

When Lock asked about the lives that would be lost if Keamy died didn't Ben answer him with a flippant "So"?

With Locke now gone, (if he is indeed the one in the coffin and not one of the other alternatives ABC showed the morning after the finale) it would seem that the OC6 only has Ben's word to go by.

I'd be looking for what motivates Ben. The brutal murder of his daughter by Widmore's mercenary Keamy, the change in the "rules", his desire to hit back at Widmore and who knows what else regarding Jacob.

When I try to figure an explanation for the even the slightest of questions my brain goes on overload because of the endless possible scenarios!

I'm loving this losties.darkbb.com Smile

I don't trust Ben all that much but do think he's a terrific actor and I like his part in LOST.

Last edited by CosmicJewels on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quote box didn't show up)
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Number of posts : 225

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by lockeko Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:09 am

I don't think we can trust Ben or the producers and that means all future theories based on what either Ben or the producers say are a crapshot.

lockeko
Tailie

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down