Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if the island jumped into the future...

+11
Lateralus
Irocz28
TheHolyStickman
BiffyEwan
SunburnedPenguin
nino_1
Alaina
Lost_Dbutz
StitchExp626
chirpey1987
Smokette
15 posters

Go down

What if the island jumped into the future... Empty What if the island jumped into the future...

Post by Smokette Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Last night I was thinking that if the island got pushed 3 years into the future, and then the Oceanic 6 go find it, it may seem like very little time has passed for the islanders. It will have been 3 years for the Oceanic 6, but maybe only weeks for the islanders.
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

What if the island jumped into the future... Empty Re: What if the island jumped into the future...

Post by chirpey1987 Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:09 pm

i don't understand what you mean could you elaborate a little further
chirpey1987
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

Back to top Go down

What if the island jumped into the future... Empty Re: What if the island jumped into the future...

Post by StitchExp626 Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:53 am

I think that the theory may end up being right, I agree that maybe the island has moved forward to the current time, so it may well be that when Jack and Juliette meet again, maybe for Juliette only weeks or months may have elapsed but for Jack it will be 4 or 5 years.

Jack can not find the island as at the time of both the end of Seaon Three and Season Four. The reason is that the island disappeared in early 2005, and may have travelled through time and will reappear sometime in 2008/2009!

I am not sure why, if and when the island reappears that there would be a need for all of them to go back. I guess this is a mystery that will keep us guessing until at least Jan 2009!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_Dbutz Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:17 pm

I think that the island jumped only 10 months into the future. When Ben turned the Frozen polar bear wheel, it was new years day, but he shows up in Tunisia in October. This is why I think the island moved to this time as well.

Also, Locke has told Jack that bad things happended on the island after the O-6 left. There has to be time for bad things to happen on the island and Locke to come back for the O-6. If the island went forward 10 months, that leaves a little more than 2 years for things to go badly and for Locke to come back for the O-6 as Jeremy Bentham.

On a side not, look at you calenders. At the press conference they mentioned that the O-6 were rescued on day 108. If the plane crashed on September 22nd, then 108 days after that would be January 8th (or 1/08). I wonder if the writers planned for it to work out like that. It's a very interesting coincidence if not.
Lost_Dbutz
Lost_Dbutz
Lostie

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_Dbutz Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:18 pm

Opps, look like an 8 with a parenthesis is a cigar face, I mean 1/08
Lost_Dbutz
Lost_Dbutz
Lostie

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:30 pm

108 good catch
Laughing
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nino_1 Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:37 pm

nice explanation stitch

i agree
nino_1
nino_1
Others

Number of posts : 335

Character sheet
Name: REX

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:44 am

lost_dbutz

Nice theory but the carsh was Sept 22 2004, and 108 days later is January 2005!!! or 1/05!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:11 pm

Lost_Dbutz wrote:I think that the island jumped only 10 months into the future. When Ben turned the Frozen polar bear wheel, it was new years day, but he shows up in Tunisia in October. This is why I think the island moved to this time as well.

Also, Locke has told Jack that bad things happended on the island after the O-6 left. There has to be time for bad things to happen on the island and Locke to come back for the O-6. If the island went forward 10 months, that leaves a little more than 2 years for things to go badly and for Locke to come back for the O-6 as Jeremy Bentham.

On a side not, look at you calenders. At the press conference they mentioned that the O-6 were rescued on day 108. If the plane crashed on September 22nd, then 108 days after that would be January 8th (or 1/08). I wonder if the writers planned for it to work out like that. It's a very interesting coincidence if not.

I agree with this....it makes the most sense to me and I think that the Island moved into the same time-frame as Ben did.
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BiffyEwan Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:42 am

To stitch, i think he meant the 8th day of the first month

BiffyEwan
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:24 am

If that is true, then Locke would have to be off the island pretty quickly.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:34 pm

Getting back to the original question.

HSM, I honestly do not want this to be the case. It would be a good idea having like 3 years go by for the O6, but only like a week for the "islanders", like Sawyer, Julliette, etc.

But, Ben said everyone has to go back, including Locke's corpse, for instance. So if they all go back we are going to have a dead John Locke corpse on the island from 2007, and a walking, talking, living John Locke from 2005. I can't see this working.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm going to go with John moved the island after things "went bad".
Maybe John does something, or Alpert “benipulates” him into doing something, that makes John NEED to get Jack back to the island.(stabbing at the dark here) He visits everyone of the 0-6, it seems, under the guise of Jeremy Bentham and tells them they need to go back to the island to make things better.
If the island jumped 10 months into the future to the 0-6, and only a few seconds to the islanders, that gives John time to mess things up, then move the island again 10 months. That would give at least the 2 years difference we see between live Locke and dead Locke.

P.S.

Ben didn’t seen surprised at all by the time difference.(between his wheel turn and his Tunisia landing) Like he knew that was going to happen all along.
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:07 pm

After everything with time travel, it would make sense if the island moved into the future. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I love how the writers and the producers have left it all open ended.

The 1/08 thing is a great catch. Freaky if not coincidental. And if the writers and producers had planned it that way, thats a lot of planning and that makes me think that they have actually had a plan since day one!!
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by emzi Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:44 pm

I think the Island has moved forward in time and that's why Widmore, Jack etc. can't seem to find it where it should be because it isn't visible in that current time.

Remember on the Orchid video when Dr. Candle/Wax etc. said the rabbit will dissapear for a short time as it is moved 4 minutes ahead (something like that anyway).

This is what has happened to the Island - I think it's moved ahead in time and has dissapeared because of it.

Now, to what time in the future I don't know. We know Ben woke up in Tunisia in Oct 2005 - so we must assume the Island moved to at least that time?

I'm inclined to think that the Island moved to 2007 though, around the time that "Jeremy Bentham" started to visit the Oceanic Six.

I think this because the timelines seem to be matching up now both on and off Island, and I think two months on Island against off Island will be easier on the storyline to explain than two years. If that makes any sense?

We know the Oceanic Six have to go back to the Island so I'm thinking that the next Season will be the O6 returning, but it'll have to match up with Island time if we're to see them going back - and if the Island only moved 10 months into the future then it's 2 years to show on the Island before the O6 return.

LOL I have no idea if that made any sense Smile

emzi
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 7

http://www.lost-isle.net

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Emzi that makes perfect sense, wow that really is food for thought!

I really hope that the following idea is right:

I'm inclined to think that the Island moved to 2007 though, around the time that "Jeremy Bentham" started to visit the Oceanic Six

That would make the show really interesting.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by emzi Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah I really do think that is the case... Smile

Locke decided to visit the O6 shortly after Ben moved the Island and to him it only seems like a week (or month) has passed, but to the O6, 2 and a half years has passed.

I really think that's why the O6 haven't heard from Locke until now - because it would've been impossible for Locke to visit them in the 2 and a half years off-Island, because really, Locke didn't exsist in that time.

Smile

emzi
Flight Attendant

Number of posts : 7

http://www.lost-isle.net

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:27 pm

So the island moved in time but not space?
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Well, Vincent from comments on my posts I know that Time and space are inseperable. But the movement of the island could be so small that it would make no difference. Could even be 1000th of a mm to the left
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by blonde Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:00 pm

So what happened to the other island? The one Ben showed Jack after the of Mice & Men reference?
blonde
blonde
Others

Number of posts : 437
Humor : +1
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Tallulah-Raye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down