Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlotte ...

+13
StitchExp626
Lost_Dbutz
solarchap
AngeloComet
Hope
Alaina
Lateralus
Irocz28
Caged_Faraday
chirpey1987
SunburnedPenguin
TheHolyStickman
MollyCocktail
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Charlotte ... Empty Charlotte ...

Post by MollyCocktail Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Has anyone put forward yet the idea that Charlotte could be Ben and Annie's daughter?
Perhaps Ben becomes obsessed with fertility because he believes that Annie and presumably her offspring (and his) died in labour. But who is to say that is true?
Is it possible that Richard or one of the Others took the child away from the island because they knew she was special and would find her way home to fulfill her purpose?
MollyCocktail
MollyCocktail
Others

Number of posts : 325
Humor : Insane
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jacob

Back to top Go down

Charlotte ... Empty Re: Charlotte ...

Post by TheHolyStickman Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Well I suppose on lost anything could happen.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:32 pm

I think this too, so your not alone Smile

They would have been teenagers when Annie got pregnant, and perhaps it was before women started dying during pregnancy. Maybe Annie and child were taken off the island for some reason and Ben never saw them again.....perhaps to get away from him if he has always been a control freak around women! It might explain why he wanted to raise Alex as his own?
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chirpey1987 Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Yes i think that to
chirpey1987
chirpey1987
Others

Number of posts : 218
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Amy-Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm

SunburnedPenguin wrote:and perhaps it was before women started dying during pregnancy.
Remember the "virus" and the shots for Claire and the baby (and the ones Desmond injected himself with in the hatch (Sorry, AC, Swan Station)? Maybe there's some truth the the outbreak. Maybe the outbreak of the virus is the key to pregnant mother / baby death, but it got written off because its effects weren't really noticed.
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:04 pm

I still like to think of Ben as a virgin with no sexual desires whatsoever. The thought of him impreganting a woman just sends chills up my spine.

But, seriously, I like this better than the Charlotte is Annie talk that has been coming up lately.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:17 pm

It does sound better, and the timelines work woth it too. According to Lostpedia, Ben is supposed to be 40, or there abouts. And lets just for arguments sake, say that Ben and Annie got together at around 16.(like Alex and Karl). That would make Charlotte in her mid-twenties. She's got that 26ish, just out of grad school look to me.

And won't that be a scene, when Charlotte finds out her real dad is the wacko that shot her the first time they run into each other.

Last edited by Lateralus on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:37 pm

Lateralus I like where your going that would make a good story.
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:03 pm

I don't know. I do honestly believe that she is from the island. And I don't think that Annie would be brought up for no reason, so Charlotte would tie all together. It would be cool
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:36 pm

I still think that Ben would have found out if Charlotte was his daughter. I think that's the kind of thing if there was even a sniff of a chance of it being so he would have fully checked out. He'd have Mikhail working overtime. . .

I can't rule it out totally, but let's just say that I don't warm to the idea. Personally, I'd like to see Charlotte have a brand new history to give us a fresh, non-Ben plotline!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:09 am

good point... he knew everything about her. He did get that info from Michael though. And the flame station went up in flames, so maybe he couldn't google her anymore?
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:37 am

I still like to think of Ben as a virgin with no sexual desires whatsoever. The thought of him impreganting a woman just sends chills up my spine.

LOL! I had never really given much thought to Ben's sexual desires, and I'd be interested to know now, what all the chicks on this site think of him, in that respect?

He probably had his own thing going on like....

Ben + Boar

you have to admit, those boars always looked a bit stressed out.
solarchap
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_Dbutz Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:13 am

OMG, that is just too funny, Ben with the boars.

I agree with this theory. I know I've mentioned this in comments to a few theories after this last episode of season 4, but I'm not sure where or even what site those comments were on.

I don't beLIEve that Charlotte is Annie, because Annie had brown eyes and Charlotte has bright blue ones. I'm thinking that Charlotte was hidden from Ben when she was a baby and after Annie died, similarly to how Luke and Leah were hidden from Darth Vader. Ben never knew she existed and she didn't know enough of her past to know that Ben is her father.

I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte had a twin brother or something, like Thomas, Aaron's dad. I mean, the writers love Star Wars so much and have added so many parallels. It just might be the case.
Lost_Dbutz
Lost_Dbutz
Lostie

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:17 am

I've seen how perople like to take the scene with Kate(in that amazing sundress) at breakfast, and the scene with Juliette over Goodwins body, "you belong to me" line as some sort of showing of Ben's libido.
I feel like he has more important things to worry about than gettin' some... ifyaknowaddamean. Dude had spinal cancer, he had to worry about Widmore finding place at any minute, his one true love, Annie died(I guess, thats my theroy too). Dozens of people demanding his guidence, bashing rocks and making fake beards 'cuz he says so. Walt and Locke showing up and stealing his cool. Never mind keeping the food drops going, convinceing Mikhail of all people to do what you tell them. Dude has got lots more on his plate than... than... well..yaknow
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:18 am

ooooooooh.... cool idea about the Luke-Leah twin thing.... very cool. Laughing
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:42 am

Well not being a big Charlotte fan by any means. I could see that play out, a replacement for Alex and a reall daughter to boot. A bit like Gepetto, who started off with a wooden puppet, a pretend son and then later he got 'a real live boy', a real son. So too Ben has had his pretend daughter and now a real one.

But I am inclined to think that Charlotte is so snooty that she is probably related to the lovely Karen and Gerald Degroot. She could be their granddaughter.

But that's just another possibility.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:39 am

[quote="solarchap"]

LOL! I had never really given much thought to Ben's sexual desires, and I'd be interested to know now, what all the chicks on this site think of him, in that respect?

quote]

Speaking as a "chick" Ben would (or could be) a very interesting person to be with. If, and that's a huge IF, he were a nice type person. Even when he's playing the evil Ben he has a charisma due to the excellence of his acting ability. Sawyer's a bit too much a diamond in the rough, Jack is sort of "okay....maybe". Sayid has a type of magnetism/charm (you see it when he's with Nadia) to him so I'd choose him after Benny Boy. Then again there's Alpert. He's attractive in his ageless type way. So many choices - such a small island!
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Number of posts : 225

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:44 am

Im sorry but theres something way too Mr Bean about Ben for me lol. It was epitamised (sp? no spellchecker at work lol) in that brilliant nod he gave Locke in the finale, when Locke said "he specifically said not to put metal objects in there" or words to that effect, the nod Ben gave was just......odd and childlike lol. And could you really stare into those bug-eyes for too long??
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:59 am

SunburnedPenguin wrote:Im sorry but theres something way too Mr Bean about Ben for me lol. It was epitamised (sp? no spellchecker at work lol) in that brilliant nod he gave Locke in the finale, when Locke said "he specifically said not to put metal objects in there" or words to that effect, the nod Ben gave was just......odd and childlike lol. And could you really stare into those bug-eyes for too long??

Yes. I could. I think, when he's being nice, he's sort of cute in a way. The way he delivers some of his lines are brilliant and I suppose I'm admiring the real "Ben" and not the actor Ben. Make sense? Perhaps seeing through the facade.

I loved watching the BBC's Mr. Bean here over the pond (U.S) but can't imagine looking at him too long! That would be a "bit much".
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:07 am

[quote="CosmicJewels"][quote="SunburnedPenguin"]I think, when he's being nice, he's sort of cute in a way.[quote]

I just lost a lot of respect for you CosmicJewels. Mad
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:13 am

Aw come on!!!! Mr Bean rocks!!! He puts my kid to sleep faster than white noise.

I have all the episodes and both movies that have come out over here in colonies. Well... Louisiana Purchase for me I guess. Mr Beans Holiday was pretty funny. Neutral
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 am

Lateralus wrote:Aw come on!!!! Mr Bean rocks!!! He puts my kid to sleep faster than white noise.

I have all the episodes and both movies that have come out over here in colonies. Well... Louisiana Purchase for me I guess. Mr Beans Holiday was pretty funny. Neutral

I agree about Mr. Bean rockin! One of the funniest scenes was him trying to park his mini city. My all time favorite of the British comedies is Absolutely Fabulous. I'm so much like Edina at times it's scary!

Last edited by CosmicJewels on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling correction)
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged_Faraday Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:35 am

Not to derail the conversation further, but Rowan Atkinson is so much funnier than just Mr. Bean. And forget even Black Adder... his comedy sketch-pantomime-I don't know what it is but it's funny... he did this drumset pantomime, with sound effects... hysterical!
Caged_Faraday
Caged_Faraday

Number of posts : 660
Humor : Bitterly sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Cagey

http://ianscott76.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by solarchap Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:31 pm

cosmicJewels, thanks for being honest about your feelings towards Ben, but when all is said and done, cmon be honest!

you know that beany-Ben aint going to rock the bed like sawyer would!

are you really saying if you went into your shower and saw Sawyer and Ben there, that you would kick Sawyer out!

are you really liked Edna?! I just had this visual of Mr.Bean, Edna and Ben in a menage a trois!.......shuddering......
solarchap
solarchap
Others

Number of posts : 263
Humor : Lots

Character sheet
Name: Dirk Diggler

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Well....thanks to this post I had a rather um....disturbing dream about Ben lastnight. (Or should I say today, was on a nightshift lasnight and have just got up lol) Very disturbing. But I think I may have changed my mind about him Embarassed
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content