Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should I watch till Lost comes back????

+17
katesawjack
Irocz28
StitchExp626
MyStarbuckHatesLost
wtfsignmeup
Lojozz
SmokinMonster
Hope
vincentthedog
Smokette
AngeloComet
Lateralus
SunburnedPenguin
nino_1
SomeArztOnYou
TheHolyStickman
Alaina
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What should I watch till Lost comes back???? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should I watch till Lost comes back????

Post by Hope Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:36 pm

I totally forgot about Mitch Hedberg and Smacky The Frog!! Hehe. I love him!!
Hope
Hope
Others

Number of posts : 189
Humor : Don't play leap frog with a unicorn
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Illiana Vess

Back to top Go down

What should I watch till Lost comes back???? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should I watch till Lost comes back????

Post by wtfsignmeup Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Smokette wrote:Dexter
I recommend this show!! Especially if you like dark,quirky,kinky and fabulous casting and dialogue. There's nothing as edgy and risky as this show. Love love love it!!!
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:22 pm

SmokinMonster wrote:

And where the hell did Emo Phillips go????

I love Emo Philips. Very Happy
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:33 pm

Scrubs,
Mythbusters
and Dogfights and Battlefront-360 on the History channel

The first season of the 1960's Lost In Space

Miniseries Band of Brothers
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:07 pm

MSHL - Scrubs - My favourite quote. I love this moment so much, I want to have sex with it.

I love this moment so much I'd cheat on that other moment from before and make a family of baby moments.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:51 am

Alaina,

The 4400 is a great choice and if you haven't seen them Kyle XY is also really good.

If you also want to watch the Stephen Spielberg Series Taken, it is available on 6 DVD's and is well worth watching. It is the sort of show that at the end you want to watch it over again.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:16 am

Prison Break returns in late August. The series has gone a little downhill, but is still better than most of the stuff on TV. The first two seasons are incredible. If you are thinking about buying any DVDs I would definitely recommend them.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:23 am

I have read through all of these choices, and did not see Monk. All new episodes begin in two weeks on the USA network. If you have not seen him ,here is sample of his show. He is my favorite, other than Lost(of course). flower
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by StitchExp626 Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:32 am

Hi kate

Never heard of Monk downunder. But it looks really good. Will try to download some episodes.

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:55 pm

Irocz28 wrote:Prison Break returns in late August. The series has gone a little downhill, but is still better than most of the stuff on TV. The first two seasons are incredible. If you are thinking about buying any DVDs I would definitely recommend them.

I really liked the first season of this show it seemed like it would break ( no pun intended) new ground but they lost me ( pun intended) halfway through the secound season. Most conplaints about Prison Break are that its to unrealistic which I obviously
have no problem with. The show just changed so much that I no longer had any intrest. Similar feelings would go towards Jericho.

I just find it very hard to invest my time in new series these days. I feel like as a fan I`ve been burned alot lately.
Anyone remember: Carnivile,Deadwood,Firefly,Dark Angel ? I could list more but my point is that some of these
complex shows never fully get realized. Thats what I love about the time table for Lost, I`m looking forward to a
completion of a great show and done the right way the way, on the writers terms.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:56 pm

[quote="vincentthedog"]
Irocz28 wrote:Prison Break returns in late August. The series has gone a little downhill, but is still better than most of the stuff on TV. The first two seasons are incredible. If you are thinking about buying any DVDs I would definitely recommend them.

I really liked the first season of this show it seemed like it would break ( no pun intended) new ground but they lost me ( pun intended) halfway through the secound season. Most complaints about Prison Break are that its to unrealistic which I obviously have no problem with. The show just changed so much that I no longer had any intrest. Similar feelings would go towards Jericho.

I just find it very hard to invest my time in new series these days. I feel like as a fan I`ve been burned alot lately.
Anyone remember: Carnivile,Deadwood,Firefly,Dark Angel ? I could list more but my point is that some of these
complex shows never fully get realized. Thats what I love about the time table for Lost, I`m looking forward to a
completion of a great show and done the right way the way, on the writers terms.
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamballa Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:34 am

The new J.J. Abrams series "Fringe" will be starting in September 9th.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119644/
Shamballa
Shamballa

Number of posts : 621
Humor : Only on Tuesdays

Character sheet
Name: Mat Deade

http://shamballa108.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenontheleft Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:47 am

The Mole! Abc has a message board where people are almost as obsessed as we are about Lost. They try to decipher the clues and it's fun.

I also like Numb3rs. Or how about Intervention. Everyone on that show is nice and crazy to watch.
ravenontheleft
ravenontheleft
Lostie

Number of posts : 53
Humor : Dark, Dry, Absurdist
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Character sheet
Name: Libby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Raven, do you mean they're nice and crazy. Or that its nice that they're crazy. lol!
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Thank you for all of the suggestions Laughing
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeArztOnYou Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:23 pm

And if you're looking for something even more Lost related, check out some reruns of Gilligan's Island. Very similar show.
SomeArztOnYou
SomeArztOnYou
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 800
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Otto Hanren

http://www.myspace.com/lawnmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenontheleft Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:10 pm

Haha no I mean ridiculously crazy.
ravenontheleft
ravenontheleft
Lostie

Number of posts : 53
Humor : Dark, Dry, Absurdist
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Character sheet
Name: Libby

Back to top Go down

Post by Irocz28 Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:58 pm

[/quote]I really liked the first season of this show it seemed like it would break ( no pun intended) new ground but they lost me ( pun intended) halfway through the secound season. Most conplaints about Prison Break are that its to unrealistic which I obviously have no problem with. The show just changed so much that I no longer had any intrest.[/quote]

I think the problem is just a lack of storylines. The premise of the first season was awesome: A brother gets sent to jail to break his brother out. Ands the first season also seemed like it was all written before the first episode even aired. Everything "flowed" very nicely throughout the whole season. Some scenes and incidents in the beginning of the season that were initially thought to be irrelavent proved to be very important towards seasons end, like Haywire remembering Michael's tattoo from when they were cellmates.

Even the second season was good. It showed them on the run after the escape. And it still seemed like the whole season was planned out. But, the third season really seemed to me like they were "winging it" episode by episode.

I hope it returns to form in Season 4, which will probably be the last. I honestly think it will be good. I have heard some spoiler information and it everything I have heard sounds awesome.
Irocz28
Irocz28
Others

Number of posts : 226
Humor : Seinfeld, Seinfeld, Seinfeld

Character sheet
Name: Frogurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokette Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:41 am

[quote="vincentthedog"]
vincentthedog wrote:

I really liked the first season of this show it seemed like it would break ( no pun intended) new ground but they lost me ( pun intended) halfway through the secound season. Most complaints about Prison Break are that its to unrealistic which I obviously have no problem with. The show just changed so much that I no longer had any intrest. Similar feelings would go towards Jericho.

Dark Angel's first season was amazing, but I hated the second season.

I used to love the show 7 Days, haha.
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Vee Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:10 pm

There's a new series called "Boneshakers" pretty cool as far as paranormal and history goes bbc1 9 pm tuesdays
John_Vee
John_Vee
Others

Number of posts : 105
Humor : Tibius
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Character sheet
Name: John the Impaler

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Smokette I totally agree they changed the whole series of Dark Angle in the second season trying to Buffafy it ( as in Josh Wedons Buffy ).
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:28 am

Lateralus wrote:
SunburnedPenguin wrote:We just bought a PS3 and Assassins Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Oblivion - so that should keep us entertained for a while!

Assassins Creed is fun as hell. I love doing the "leap of faith" off the minirets. Flips my stomach everytime. And now that i have MGS4 and GTA4, i get maybe 4 hrs sleep a night if i'm lucky. Sad

Alaina,
If you want a good freaky show, check out Twin Peaks. There are two seasons(about 28 eps.) to keep you busy. Dexter is fun too. There are two seasons of that.

We just (actually my husband watched more of it while I was on the computer) watched Twin Peaks. Another series from a bit back was Northern Exposure. Fun type unusual show, odd thingies, and a good cast in that one too.

I am worn out from watching various episodes of LOST over again. Just not liking Locke very much.
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Number of posts : 225

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2