Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennifer Gale and lots of questions

+2
Smokette
CosmicJewels
6 posters

Go down

Jennifer Gale and lots of questions Empty Jennifer Gale and lots of questions

Post by CosmicJewels Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:11 am

At the Comic-Son 2008 just held there was a video played. It was of Pierre Cheng who says he's coming clean about who he is having said he's Marvin Candle.

His portion of the video is a few minutes into this video clip on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn_dNsaz-AA

He, during the video, calls out to someone named "Jennifer" to take a crying baby (calls him a "him" so I'm thinking baby boy) outside while he's being filmed. He resumes talking to the camera and says, almost more to himself than to the camera, "What are the odds on that?" and it seemed to refer to the baby crying.

Jennifer Gale was the name of Henry's Gale's wife according to Lostpedia. Henry Gale, on his driver's license is shown as a black male. That could or could not mean Jennifer is either white or black but would make me think that perhaps either Abbadon or Walt might somehow be connected. Michael's wife had taken Walt away as a very young age and no one actually saw him in the other places (except for Australia). Walt's step-father doesn't want him.......gives him back to Michael. What if Walt was taken to the Island? What if Walt is not Michael's real son? Why did Walt think of a bird and it's found dead. Why did his mother die so suddenly? Could she have gotten pregnant on the Island and not able to go full term? Didn't the husband say it was a blood disorder?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many questions!! Anyone have any ideas on this?
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Gale and lots of questions Empty Re: Jennifer Gale and lots of questions

Post by Smokette Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 am

I can't wait to see it picked apart. That whole 30 years thing was weird for sure.
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Gale and lots of questions Empty Re: Jennifer Gale and lots of questions

Post by Lateralus Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 pm

That would be cool. Henry Gale came to the island in a balloon looking for his wife that never came back from Dharma camp.
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Lateralus - I am not entirely sure about that.

The message the real Henry Gale left for his wife (on the 20 dollar note) was:

Jennifer,
Well you were
right. Crossing
the Pacific
isn't easy.
I owe you a
beer. I'm
hiking to one of
the beaches to
start a
signal fire, but
if you're reading this,
I guess I didn't make it.
I'm sorry,
I love you Jenny,
always have,
always will.
Yours,
Henry

The wording is (deliberately) vague enough for it to be arguable that Henry's wife never came to the Island. "Well you were right. Crossing the Pacific isn't easy." That line in particular seems to me like Jennifer told Henry he was crazy trying to cross the ocean in his balloon before he left - and it turned out she was right.

I personally don't believe Jennifer ever came with Henry, which kind of adds to the idea CosmicJewels is touting here: that she is part of the 'real world' in this new video featuring Candle/Pierre Cheng.
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:45 pm

I also wonder what was the reason "why" Walt's stepfather was so eager to rid himself of Walt. Didn't someone on the Island (maybe from the Others/DI) say Walt was dangerous?

Also, since Vincent is Walt's dog maybe Vincent's been to the Island before? I do remember Michael saying he could take the dog and Walt saying something about it being his stepfather's.

Like I said. So many questions! Wink
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 pm

The way it's phrased Henry could be saying Jennifer won the bet and it was indeed a difficult trip. Jennifer might have made that bet based on her experience or what other people had told her about getting to the Island.
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lateralus Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:01 pm

yeah, i'm confused. I only watched it once, and i took from it that this was supposed to be a transmission being received today that was originaly transmitted 30 years ago from the island. Is this Jennifer supposed to exist in 2008 or in 1978 real world?( i think it was 30 years. is it 30 years he says?)
Lateralus
Lateralus
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 526
Humor : "I hate you Milkman Dan"
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: Lateralus Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:20 pm

The most recent is the video of Chang at youtube from the Comic-Con.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn_dNsaz-AA

From the video:
Jennifer is a woman spoken to by Pierre Chang in a video that was broadcast into the future. She was nearby with a [color:97db=#00cc33! important][color:97db=#00cc33! important]baby when Chang began filming the video. Several seconds into filming, the baby began crying uncontrollably, interrupting Chang's video. This caused him to stand, and yell to an off-screen Jennifer to take the baby outside, as he only had one chance to film the video (presumably because of the pinhole he had mentioned earlier.) Jennifer then presumably took the baby outside, and Chang continued filming.
Jennifer was known to have lived on the island, and presumably died during The Purge.

Lospedia had written that Henry Gale's wife was a Jennifer a while back:

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Henry_Gale

It all has piqued my curiosity about Jennifer.

Last edited by CosmicJewels on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trouble putting links in subject area)
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Where is the information from that says Jennifer was known to have lived on the Island and presumably died on the Island?
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:19 pm

OK - so I've had a bit more of a look into this.

The video Pierre Chang made was recorded on the Island in July 1978 (not sure if this is official - but it's what Lostpedia has it as, and it correlates to the preset date when you register with Dharma in the new ARG).

In July 1978 the real Henry Gale would have been about 16 years old (his driver's licence shows he was born in 1964) - and the picture we have seen of him is a lot older than 16.

It becomes increasingly unlikely that Jennifer Gale is the Jennifer that Pierre calls out to given these dates - unless Pierre has been to 2008 and grabbed Jennifer and brought her back with him!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicJewels Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:59 pm

Lostpedia was the one stating about where Jennifer lived and died. That section is copied from Lostpedia.
CosmicJewels
CosmicJewels
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Sorry. . . I was getting confused between "Jennifer" in the video and Jennifer Gale. I thought you were saying Jennifer Gale was known to have lived and died on the Island. . . My bad!

Razz
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Igs Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:20 am

Still a good stab at figuring out who Jennifer is. That said, and as you pointed out AC, it's entirely unlikely that Jennifer is "Jennifer Gale".

I think the abduction point, with Dr. Pierre Chang, is probably you being facetious. It seems clear, IMHO, from the video that (i) Pierre only has the vaguest idea of the future; (ii) this information comes from a "reliable" source as opposed to his own time travel.

I think the source is someone he has (i) either communicated with who is in the future; or (ii) another person who claims to have access to the technology Pierre Chang is attempting to develop. Either way, they are reliable b/c they have likely been able to provide him with some information of events before they actually transpire on the island.

I have a feeling that Dr. Chang did not pioneer (as of that video) a way to allow PEOPLE to go so far into the future, but at this point, he has figured out/stumbled upon a way to send messages, and make even organic beings appear to disappear and briefly time travel.

That said, he seems unsure if he can transport a message 30 years into the future....perhaps such an increase in the period of time makes it far more complex. He may also be unsure of how such a jump would affect, say, a "message".

If he had been future hopping and taking back prisoners, I think everyone would have been a bit more confident.

Igs
Tailie

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:31 pm

I'm still not sure about his disappearing arm and name changes.

He seems to have an arm when the "message" was sent but not in the Swan Station video which was, presumably, made at an earlier time.

And why the different names.
The question may be is he trustable or is he a part of a plan to disinform people?
Maybe he isn't even a real member of Dharma.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:00 pm

I think the video was made before the Swan Station Orientation film. (That means "Jennifer" here is surely not Jennifer Gale.)

And he looks at his arm when he discusses how he knows a purge will happen and Dharma will be gone and everyone will be dead. This suggests to me that his "source" has revealed to him that he will one day lose his arm - and thus when he thinks of the future he looks at the arm he currently has with a sense of dread.

A nice touch, I thought! (If you'll pardon the pun.)
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down