Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eye In The Cabin

+5
Smokette
retroactiveman
dabiatchishere
nino_1
AngeloComet
9 posters

Go down

The Eye In The Cabin Empty The Eye In The Cabin

Post by AngeloComet Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:39 pm

To whom does the eye in the cabin belong? Specifically the eye that appeared in Jacob’s Cabin during the episode The Beginning Of The End when Hurley peeped inside. Specifically, this eye:

The Eye In The Cabin Cabin+Eye

I remember when the episode first aired it seemed to me that the majority of Lost fans believed the eye belonged to Locke. I wondered if that wasn’t just because Locke immediately appeared with Hurley after this eye had sprung up. Here’s a close up of Locke’s eye.

The Eye In The Cabin Locke+Eye

To me, the Cabin Eye and Locke’s Eye aren’t particularly similar. Besides, why would it make sense for Locke to one minute be in Jacob’s Cabin and then the next out of it? Particularly in light of the difficulty he had locating it again, right up until the episode Cabin Fever? No. I’m ruling Locke out for this one. Next?

Purely looking at the Cabin Eye, with the brown-green colour and the brown hair surround, who that we know does it look like? Desmond springs to mind.

The Eye In The Cabin Desmond+Eye

Not a bad likeness, to be fair. But logically, there isn’t much sense for Desmond to be in the cabin is there? Especially in light of him leaving the Island at the end of Season 4! (That gives the writers two Seasons to get Des back on the Island, trapped in a cabin in the past and have it all explained. Not likely.) In other illogical notions, I also considered the Cabin Eye was Hurley’s Eye!

The Eye In The Cabin Hurley+Face

Again, the colour and the ‘look’ fits but, hell, that would mean Hurley was peeping into Jacob’s Cabin looking at himself looking out! That’s just nuts. Let’s try and get sensible with this. Let’s employ some logic. When Hurley looked in the cabin he saw Christian Shephard sitting in the rocking chair. That was Jack’s dad. Well. . . in the same vein. . . could the Cabin Eye not have been Hurley’s dad? David Reyes?

The Eye In The Cabin David+Reyes+Face

Yeah. . . That one is pretty remote to say the least, logically speaking. David Reyes exists in flashforward, post-Island world. For him to be in the real world before Oceanic 815 crashed, then on the Island in the cabin, then back in the real world fixing up Hurley’s Camaro. . . Yeah. We’ll call that a long shot. And maybe that’s the trouble – maybe the obvious is the way of it. I mean, it’s Jacob’s Cabin! So why would it not be Jacob himself as the owner of the Cabin Eye looking out? We got a good close-up of Jacob’s Eye during the episode The Man Behind The Curtain.

The Eye In The Cabin Jacob%27s+Eye

What do you think? You think they look the same? The eyebrow on one seems lower than the other for my money. Besides, would Jacob really stand to have Christian sitting in his chair whilst he was at home? Fair enough Christian sitting there whilst Jacob is away, but surely not whilst he is there!

So where does that leave us? Well, I got one last guess, and it’s my favourite option so far. Particularly after the events of the episode Cabin Fever, where it was revealed that Horace Goodspeed was the man that designed and probably constructed Jacob’s Cabin. It strikes me that the owner of the Cabin Eye could very well be Horace!

The Eye In The Cabin Horace+Goodspeed+Face

I mean, when Locke dreamed of him he was trapped in a loop. And that kind of fits with the idea that he has become trapped in Jacob’s Cabin, that weird place of limbo on the Island. The fact that the brown hair and colour isn’t a million miles away sure doesn’t hurt either. The look is right and there is a connection to the cabin with a firm logic at play. For me, that’s the most solid foundation so far.

Until I know different, I’m keeping my eye on Horace!

AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The Eye In The Cabin Empty Re: The Eye In The Cabin

Post by nino_1 Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:36 pm

good theory AC. what if the eye in the cabin is charlie eyes and he was just trying to scare hurley.
nino_1
nino_1
Others

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: REX

Back to top Go down

Post by dabiatchishere Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:06 pm

AC, I like all of the candidates you've selected, and you present good arguments for and against.

I do happen to like the Horace Goodspeed candidate myself. It makes sense that if Horace is still around 'the island' he may be 'the caretaker' of Jacob's cabin.

This is from an interview with the Producers when asked about 'the eye'. It is so like them, to keep us all guessing.

(http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20179125_4,00.html)

Hurley also saw an eyeball looking back at him. Should we be wondering about the identity of the owner of this eyeball?

LINDELOF: You should be wondering, certainly.

CUSE: One of the definitions of omniscience is to be in more than one place at a time.
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Number of posts : 119
Humor : Outrageous!
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by retroactiveman Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Hey, that's pretty good!

Some fairly obious connections could be made to the eye of horus.

"The EYE OF HORUS has a very specific meaning. The eye is represented as a figure with 6 parts. These 6 parts correspond to the six senses - Touch, Taste, Hearing, Thought, Sight, Smell. These are the 6 parts of the *eye*. The eye is the receptor of *input*. It has these six doors, to receive data."

"The construction of the eye follows very precise laws. The senses are ordered according to their importance. And according to how much energy must be *eaten* by the *eye* for an individual to receive a particular sensation. All of the sensory data input is *food*."

The entire eye measured 1 heqat. And each of the parts of the eye measured fractions of the heqat.
[ THE EYE OF HORUS ]

The Eye In The Cabin H_eye

These are the parts of the EYE and their corresponding associated fraction values :-
1/64The Eye In The Cabin A641/32The Eye In The Cabin A321/16The Eye In The Cabin A16
1/8The Eye In The Cabin A81/4The Eye In The Cabin A41/2The Eye In The Cabin A2

The corresponding sense data are :-
1/64 heqat Touch
1/32 heqat Taste
1/16 heqat Hearing
1/8 heqat Thought
1/4 heqat Sight
1/2 heqat Smell

Also, in the Egyptian system there is the unit of the ro. And by definition 320 ro = 1 heqat. The symbol for the ro is the mouth, it represented one mouthful. Again associating these measures with food, or input data.
Now if we consider the ro as the smallest unit of input energy needed for the input to *register* as sense data. We note,320 = 5 x 64 and so in terms of ro we have 5 ro to register a Touch 10 ro to register a Taste 20 ro to register a Sound 40 ro to register a Thought 80 ro to register a Light 160 ro to register a Smell

To see how the drawings of the eye correspond to the various senses note:-
1. Touch 1/64 heqat or 5 ro
The Eye In The Cabin A64
This part of the EYE represents planting a stick into the ground. Like planting a stalk that will take root. The Earth represents touch. Planting itself represents physical contact and touching.
2. Taste 1/32 heqat or 10 ro
The Eye In The Cabin A32
This part of the EYE represents the sprouting of the wheat or grain from the planted stalk. It is the food we put into our mouth. And so represents taste. Taste is also = Touch + Shape. That is to say, the different tastes we experience come from touching different shapes. So, touch is more a fundamental sense that taste.
3. Hearing 1/16 heqat or 20 ro
The Eye In The Cabin A16
This part of the EYE represents the EAR. The figure points towards the ear on the face. Also, it has the shape of a horn or musical instrument. When we Hear a sound or combination of sounds we find this to be pleasing or unplesant. The sound has a taste for us, causing a preference. Sound requires Touch + Taste and so is a combination of the lower senses.
4. Thought 1/8 heqat or 40 ro
The Eye In The Cabin A8
This part of the EYE represents thought. We often use our eyebrows to express our thoughts. And this facial feature is closest to that part of the forehead we associate with thinking. We raise our eyebrows to express surprise, for example. Thought = Touch + Taste + Hearing. If you think Smile about it. Thinking is a kind of surpressed sound. The language we think in is like the *touch* of muscle prior to giving voice. And of course, we have a *taste* for different types of thoughts.
5. Sight 1/4 heqat or 80 ro
The Eye In The Cabin A4
This is the pupil of the EYE. And so no more needs to be said. It represents seeing, or the sensation of light.
6. Smell 1/2 heqat or 160 ro
The Eye In The Cabin A2
This part of the EYE points to the nose. It even looks like a nose. It represents the sensation of smell.
There is a lot more to this analysis, but that's the basics.

All the above from the intriguingly title site http://www.aloha.net/~hawmtn/horus.htm
retroactiveman
retroactiveman
Others

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name: johnny fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokette Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:05 am

To me, it looks like Mikhail's eye.
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie79 Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Angelo, well thought out theory, as usual. It makes sense to me that the eye would be Horace, since it appears he was the one that built the cabin. He seemingly is still around the island, so perhaps he is the caretaker! Still love to read your theories!
sunny
Annie79
Annie79
Others

Number of posts : 108
Humor : Any kind, at this point!!

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:06 pm

I know that it is the least probable that it is Hurleys eye, but...
I still think it is ,when you look at the bridge of the nose on the eye from the cabin, it is a very wide one, just like Hurleys
The Eye In The Cabin 0000000755_20060919024352

Also, when you look on Lostpedia at the close-ups of various eyes, strangely they do not have a close up of Hurleys eyes.
http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Eyes
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by dabiatchishere Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Retroactiveman, Nice connection on the Eye of Horus! It is also noted that Horus watched over the 'Land of the Dead', so I feel this supports AC's theory about the eye belonging to Horace Goodspeed even more. It is one of the only salient choices to make.
dabiatchishere
dabiatchishere
Others

Number of posts : 119
Humor : Outrageous!

Back to top Go down

Post by SamiLost Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:45 pm

I am back from my long holiday and glad to see so many good theories
here as always. I also think that the eye should belong to Horace and
Retoactive's note about the eye of Horus also supports this.

Well done Angelo yet again!
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Number of posts : 60

Character sheet
Name: SamiLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeloComet Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Thanks for the input guys - Retro especially, whether your note was from research or knowledge, was particularly impressive.

Horus sounds like Horace.

That's good enough for me!
AngeloComet
AngeloComet
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 626
Humor : Dry and witty. Like my women.
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Jack

http://www.angelocomets-lost-place.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentthedog Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:49 pm

AC great as always I see a nomination in your future.

I belive the eye although looks most like Desmond belongs to Horace. I also belive Horace is Jacob. He built the cabin for himself and his wife, why wouldn`t it belong to him?

Great add retroactiveman.

AC I get gosebumbs when I see you have posted a new theory with wonderful pictures! Keep it up!
vincentthedog
vincentthedog
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 963
Humor : God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire

Character sheet
Name: Vlad Táltos

http://www.myspace.com/artmassage

Back to top Go down

Post by SamiLost Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:26 pm

I also belive Horace is Jacob. He built the cabin for himself and his wife, why wouldn`t it belong to him?

O maaaan!!! I never thought of that one before! I think you should write a theory about it Vincent.
SamiLost
SamiLost
Lostie

Number of posts : 60

Character sheet
Name: SamiLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down