Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone ever had an abcess? How does it start? TMI ALERT!!

5 posters

Go down

Anyone ever had an abcess? How does it start? TMI ALERT!! Empty Anyone ever had an abcess? How does it start? TMI ALERT!!

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:05 am

An odd question I know....

So anyway, the last few months I have had this odd thing...when I yawn I get this audible pop in the back of my head, just where the skull meets the back of your neck, on the right side. It then feels like something hot is rushing under my skin, and it hurts for a few minutes before disapearing. Yesterday I woke up with a very sore jaw (no reason lol) and its quite painful to eat and speak. It hurts down the right side of my face, and around my ear and jaw going down into my neck. Its not swollen or anything, just painful!!

I am making an appointment with doc, so i'm not looking for medical advice, I was just wondering if anyone has had an abcess and if this sounds familiar? Im such a worrier lol
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever had an abcess? How does it start? TMI ALERT!! Empty Re: Anyone ever had an abcess? How does it start? TMI ALERT!!

Post by JWLost Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:08 am

I am like... your posting guru tonight. I had one last February and it sucked hardcore. It was on the top right side of my mouth and I felt everything you felt (minus the shooting into the neck and the popping)... except the roof of my mouth became completely swollen and hurt to even touch it. I couldn't eat anything for a week until I went to get it out. I hate the dentist so I tried to wait it out. It was horrible. If I were you, I would waste no time and get it checked.
JWLost
JWLost
Others

Number of posts : 388
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Character sheet
Name: Lee

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever had an abcess? How does it start? TMI ALERT!! Empty Re: Anyone ever had an abcess? How does it start? TMI ALERT!!

Post by tracker Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:40 pm

SP,

My wife had a similar problem twice. She had pain in her jaw and was not able to open her mouth much or chew without pain. The oral surgeon said it was a cartilage tear in her jaw joint (not uncommon).. In her case, the cartilage eventually rests back in place and heals. I believe she had to wear a mouth guard for a while. But it did take a while to go away.
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Sounds painful SunnyP, hope its not an abcess. Smile
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Thanks everyone Smile

Im going to the docs monday morning.....but if it gets any worse today I will take myself to Out of Hours. Its really hurting now, the right side of my face and head is throbbing. I wonder if its an inner ear infection or something Sad

All together now..... No
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:51 pm

SP, Why does it always seem, as if there are medical problems on the week-end No ? I hope you will not wait till Monday, if it gets worse. If it gets too painful, please do not wait, to have it looked at!
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down