Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

katesawjack here and not lost now!

+9
So_Lost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
Obscure
Lojozz
StitchExp626
nino_1
Shamballa
tracker
katesawjack
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

katesawjack here and not lost now! - Page 2 Empty Re: katesawjack here and not lost now!

Post by Sassafras Sat May 17, 2008 8:54 pm

Yes it's good to see Katesawjack here, and many others too !! rabbit
Sassafras
Sassafras
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Humor : Adaptable
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

katesawjack here and not lost now! - Page 2 Empty Re: katesawjack here and not lost now!

Post by lonewolf Sat May 17, 2008 9:09 pm

hi, hope u enjoy the site...been quite an experience seeing this site start up from scratch...( i live with sunburnt and am probably the first lostmoderatorwidow), i dont post that much but love lost and tend to think of lost in its metaphorical and philosophical way, which is very interseting....as you may or may not agree its losts reflective properties which bind the viewer . it holds a mirror up in avery contemporary way and the most potent stories say something to the reader that the reader identifies with....

anyway as far as philosophy goes im currently thinking how lost relates to platos allegory of the cave...who is still in shackles...who has seen the true light and who is going to go back to show the others....
lonewolf
lonewolf
Lostie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by katesawjack Sat May 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi Lonewolf,
I agree with you , Lost has so many metaphors, it is without a doubt one of the most mystical, thought provoking written stories I have ever seen,or will again!
katesawjack
katesawjack
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 634
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Character sheet
Name: Miranda Eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by lonewolf Sun May 18, 2008 12:01 am

like i think regarding the idea of plato and the cave allegory...how man is shackled to look at reflections of reality on a wall in fromt of them...and one unbinds his shackles and realises its all false....the reality on the walls is just flickering shadows....and the climb out of the cave towards the light is meant to be a challenge....and to be rewarded with the glory of the light....true light..

but it cant end there and i wonder if anyone who isnt familiar with the allegory would agree...

is the stuggle and hardship endured by those who choose to quest upon freedom...and find truth and the light...really free?

is jack worthy of his prise of being rescued from the island....of climbing into the light...

or his philosophical journey not ended yet...

there is a platonic/socratic answer to this...

( Cool answers may lie in film endings like dirty harry...where the hero finds the real truth but is subdued)
lonewolf
lonewolf
Lostie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tracker Sun May 18, 2008 5:29 am

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Inspector Harry Callahan
tracker
tracker
Others

Number of posts : 237
Humor : Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.......Archie Bunker

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Sun May 18, 2008 5:34 am

katesawjack wrote:Hi Lonewolf,
I agree with you , Lost has so many metaphors, it is without a doubt one of the most mystical, thought provoking written stories I have ever seen,or will again!

And the guys are HOT
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2