Losties! Theories and Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSG ~ Who is the final Cylon? What time in Earths history? **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**

+4
wtfsignmeup
Smokette
StitchExp626
Alaina
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BSG ~ Who is the final Cylon?  What time in Earths history? **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!** Empty BSG ~ Who is the final Cylon? What time in Earths history? **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**

Post by Alaina Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:01 pm

This is great I have not been able to find a BSG forum that is discussing this so if there are any BSG fans here please share your thoughts.

1st question ~ Who do you thinks is the final cylon and why?
2nd question ~ At what time in Earths history is it when they find Earth?

I think the answer is all wrapped around on person, Baltar. He is already the priest for the "one true god" movement and he has always been able to see Six as if she were right there with him. I believe this makes him the most believable as the final since the "programming" would help explain why he is able to see Six in such a realistic way. Along these same lines if they found Earth in pre-Christian times this would play to Baltar and his preaching of the “one true god” Baltar could end up being a Christ like figure worshiped for years to come on Earth as the “one true god”
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

BSG ~ Who is the final Cylon?  What time in Earths history? **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!** Empty Re: BSG ~ Who is the final Cylon? What time in Earths history? **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**

Post by StitchExp626 Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:29 am

I think that it may end up being Starbuck, though only for a the shock value.

What point in Earth's history, my fear is that they will arrive on Earth after some nuclear holocaust and so the planet is probably not much better than the current state of their home planets of the twelve colonies of Kobol.

I do not think the quest will end happily!

Stitch
StitchExp626
StitchExp626

Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Character sheet
Name: Steve

http://lost-stitchexp626.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

BSG ~ Who is the final Cylon?  What time in Earths history? **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!** Empty Re: BSG ~ Who is the final Cylon? What time in Earths history? **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**

Post by Smokette Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:38 am

I think it's going to be something weird, like one of the cylon models. (For example, it might be an eight and the other eights were just modeled after her.) I'm expecting a total shocker that no one would have guessed. Either that, or it's the hybrid.

Last edited by Smokette on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Number of posts : 165
Humor : Dry. Very Dry.
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
Name: Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokette Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:42 am

Or I think it might be Romo Lampkin. He was, after all, projecting his cat in the last episode!
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokette Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:46 am

Sorry I keep posting. Have you seen the preview for "The Hub?"
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:24 am

BSG fan here !cheers
I haven't seen the last episode(saving it for tonight)!

I think Baltar is the obvious choice for the final cylon so.... maybe not? I'm so glad we have this thread! Thanks for starting it Alaina flower

As for what point in history I think it is...I thought it might have been in ancient times- in keeping with their worship of the Gods- but "All along the Watchtower" as the song for the final five proves it has to be in the future?
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Number of posts : 354
Humor : huh?

Character sheet
Name: Merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:28 am

Havnt seen any BSG yet but a friend has recommended it, so we are going to be watching the first season over the Lost break hopefully Smile
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Number of posts : 1411
Humor : You'll get used to it :)
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
Name: Kudos Manilla

http://www.losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:35 am

SunburnedPenguin wrote:Havnt seen any BSG yet but a friend has recommended it, so we are going to be watching the first season over the Lost break hopefully Smile
I've got the first three seasons on DVD...I wish I could pop around and drop them off to you Sad -my mum just finished them!
Its a great show Jax but the first 3 or 4 episodes are a bit slow, and then it pulls you in, baby! Very Happy
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:57 pm

I'd probably have to go with Starbuck, I just can't get past her ship blowing up, and yet she's back.

I agree with stich with regards to when it is on earth but yah never know.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Lojozz wrote:I'd probably have to go with Starbuck, I just can't get past her ship blowing up, and yet she's back.

I agree with stich with regards to when it is on earth but yah never know.

I expect the final one to be like the other four. In positions close to those in positions of power. Maybe Dee unless she's gone for good.

Or vice president Zarek. lol this is driving me crazy.
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:13 pm

SunburnedPenguin wrote:Havnt seen any BSG yet but a friend has recommended it, so we are going to be watching the first season over the Lost break hopefully Smile

I had never seen the show until a year ago and then within one month I had watched the first 3 seasons. As stated above you need to get through the first few shows. It was originally done as a mini-series (A back door pilot to see if people liked it.) After that is does get really good.
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lojozz Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:55 pm

wtf I know you like spoilers, this has slight spoilers in that it says some peole its not.
http://www.syfyportal.com/news424605.html
Zarek it would seem is still a possibility.
Lojozz
Lojozz

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Character sheet
Name: Joe

http://www.prcanj.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Well we have wathed the pilot and the next 3 episodes after that....watching more today Smile

I really like it.....already there are questions and msytery, for example whos side is Guyas Baltar on, how far from earth are they (im guessing the search for earth is an ongoing theme). And I love the way the lack of technology on the Galactica is explained and how it all ties in with the old series.

One question.....are those 2 old geezers, the commander and the white haired guy, supposed to be the original pair? I forget their names but one was played by face from A-Team. Its been many many years since I saw the original lol

Looking forward to catching up with the rest of you, but it will never beat Lost Cool
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:47 pm

If you saw the BSG mid-season finale...WOW! What a frakkin sucker punch! Even if you kinda knew it was coming...still a sucker punch.
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Number of posts : 681
Humor : check out TheFlatSpin.com and you'll be sorry you asked that.

http://www.theflatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:01 pm

MSHL ,yeah I was a bit shocked at the mid-season finale. I was not expecting that last scene. WOW! everyone seemed shocked.
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyStickman Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:55 pm

wtfsignmeup wrote:
I've got the first three seasons on DVD...I wish I could pop around and drop them off to you Sad -my mum just finished them!
Its a great show Jax but the first 3 or 4 episodes are a bit slow, and then it pulls you in, baby! Very Happy

I could do with those. Just leave it with the MI5 and say its for TheStickman. It'll get to me.
TheHolyStickman
TheHolyStickman
The Chosen Ones

Number of posts : 1115
Humor : Witty
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Character sheet
Name: Roger Gilmour

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokette Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:52 am

I'm back to thinking it is Zach or possibly a character we don't know because Deanna apparently said the final cylon is not in the fleet.
Smokette
Smokette
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:32 am

NOTE:

Please know that many here are watching BSG for the first time and have no Idea what we are talking about.

BEWARE LISTING SPOILERS!!!

BSG ~ Who is the final Cylon?  What time in Earths history? **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!** Shutthefrakup
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:02 pm

I have edited the title to show there may be spoilers, so if anyone is spoiled it is their own fault for looking Very Happy

OK, we are now on season 4, about to watch episoded 4 and 5 tonight.

So I can now give my thoughts on the original question yay, I feel special Cool

I think the final Cylon is Baltar. I know its too obvious but it all fits, plus he is projecting a lot...including another version of him!

As far as earths time goes, well I think that the 12 colonies advanced a lot quicker than Earth - mainly because they were split into 12 planets so it would make sense that technology keeps the connection....perhaps the colony that ended up on Earth found a primitive humanoind evolotion taking place and helped it along a bit, in the process burying their technological advancement in hidden knowledge. I think when the fleet gets to Earth, they will find it at around 0030 AC and Baltar will become a religious leader and prophet....Jesus even. The paralells have been obvious and I think he will create a one God religion on Earth.

Cant beleive I have only just got into this and its nearly finished already!!
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaina Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:20 pm

SP ~ Glad to hear you are already so far along you sound like me with in a few weeks I had watched all the way up to the end of Season 3 then joined my husband for the long wait for season 4 and now we are in the 2nd long wait for the end of Season 4 and the next season of Lost. January can not get here fast enough Laughing
Alaina
Alaina
Others

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:22 am

I never wished the year away before Lost started, now I do Very Happy
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Never wish away time! Unless you're a cylon, then its okay
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by SunburnedPenguin Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:58 pm

Watched it lastnight, and let me 3rd that WOW!!!

Was that supposed to be New York?
SunburnedPenguin
SunburnedPenguin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfsignmeup Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Well, I just watched the latest episode. I've got the song from Buffy the musical episode playing in my head. "where do we go from here?"
It was so awesome Shocked
wtfsignmeup
wtfsignmeup
Others

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MyStarbuckHatesLost Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:10 am

SEASON 4 MID-BREAK FINALE' SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!
If you haven't seen it yet, don't read any further
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
It looks like New York City. Here's why I think so:
1. It is sci-fi. If there is going to be a destroyed city they always show NY...they can's help themselves.
2. They are standing and looking out over water at an island or peninsula or across a large lake. to the extreme right at the end of the scene there appears to be the wreckage of a bridge column and it looks like the Brooklyn Bridge.
3. The size of the city combined with the geography makes it appear as though it could only be either New York, Chicago or Miami.
4. The show is made by Americans...what are they gonna show, Budapest?
5. There is what appears to be a Ford truck frame half buried in the ground.
6. Some of the ruins show I-beam construction with natural cut stone around it. This looks like early 20th century construction of the type that was very common in NYC. There also appears to be a subway tunnel entrance with a curved I-beam superstructure and an ornate decorative dome-cap looking assembly. again, industrial, early 20th century, northern American architecture.
7. one block of stone appears to have a Christian cross on it meaning it most likely eliminates most eastern cultures and locations.
8. The weather sucks...probably February on the east coast
9. Everybody looks pissed off...February in NYC affects everybody that way
MyStarbuckHatesLost
MyStarbuckHatesLost
On Jacobs List

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next